Toronto Maple Leafs 2023-24 Betting Overview: Division, Playoffs & NHL Stanley Cup Odds
The ultimate goal for any team in the National Hockey League, of course, is to win a Stanley Cup title, but there are plenty of other betting options available to Leafs bettors. Here's a snapshot of the odds for a variety of regular and postseason wagers, updated with the latest odds from DraftKings sportsbook.
🔥 OTHER NHL ODDS PAGES:
Latest Maple Leafs News & Key Developments
It's most definitely been an up-and-down year for the boys in blue, with long stretches of both exceptional play and subpar performance. They're an extremely streaky group. They certainly need to tighten things up at the blue line. And sometimes, it seems like they're just as likely to cough up the puck in front of the net as to dazzle you with tic-tac-toe passing.
But through it all, the Leafs should make the playoffs and, at the very least, be a tough out for any team facing them. Let's take a look back at some of the key dates (past and future) that got the Maple Leafs to this point...
- 📆 6/24/2016 The Leafs draft center Auston Matthews with the first overall pick in the NHL entry draft.
- 📆 12/1/2017 William Nylander inks a six-year deal with Toronto, after a drawn-out negotiation process.
- 📆 7/1/2018 The Leafs sign hometown favorite John Tavares away from the New York Islanders, agreeing to a seven-year deal.
- 📆 4/3/2023 The Maple Leafs win their first-round series against the Tampa Bay Lightning, marking the first time they reached the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs since 2004.
- 📆 5/12/2023 The Blueshirts bow out of the NHL Playoffs, losing in five games to eventual Stanley Cup Finals runner-up, the Florida Panthers. (The Vegas Golden Knights won the Cup.)
- 📆 8/9/2023 It may not have seemed like a headline-worthy move at the time, but the Leafs signed veteran goalie Martin Jones to a one-year deal to serve as a backup. He'll be pressed into starting duties in December, due to multiple injuries and underperformance.
- 📆 10/11/2023 The puck is dropped on the 107th season of Maple Leafs hockey, with an exciting 6-5 shootout win against the Montreal Canadiens. The high-scoring affair hints at the type of season to come.
- 📆 12/16/2023 Fill-in backstop Martin Jones and the Leafs blank the Pittsburgh Penguins 7-0 for one of the best all-around results of the campaign.
- 📆 2/2/2024 NHL All-Star Game festivities kick off in Toronto, the ninth overall time the city has hosted the event. The Canadian NHL teams haven't hosted the game since 2012.
- 📆 3/8/2024 Get ready to constantly hit the refresh button on your phone or browser – it's the NHL trade deadline. It's no secret that the offense-minded Maple Leafs will be looking for help to bolster the blue line.
Key Contributors on the Maple Leafs Roster
If the Leafs are going to make a real run at the Stanley Cup, they're going to need well-known, offensive headliners like Auston Matthews, John Tavares and William Nylander to play a pivotal part. But they'll also need grinders like the to-this-point underperforming Tyler Bertuzzi and Max Domi to start chipping in with more regularity. And if embattled goaltender Ilya Samsonov can start playing up to his potential, you might see the Leafs Stanley Cup odds start to get a little shorter.
Expect the Maple Leafs to be buyers at the trade deadline, too. They'll be seeking to add one or more experienced defensemen to the roster to shore up what's been a leaky blue-line corps.
Where Can I Bet on the Toronto Maple Leafs?
In April 2022, the province of Ontario gave online sports betting the green light, and quite a few books have already gotten up and running in the last year and a half or so. In fact, there are over 30 legal sports betting sites available at the moment. Here are some of the biggest and best operators, in no particular order:
Partial List of Ontario Sportsbooks
- BetMGM Sportsbook
- BetRivers Sportsbook
- Caesars Sportsbook
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- NorthStar Bets
- PokerStars Sports
- Sports Interaction
- TheScore Bet (Known as ESPN BET in the US)
Retail/In-Person Sports Betting in Toronto
Of course, you can also place sports bets the old-fashioned way, too. Toronto boasts many retail casinos, ranging from classic and classy to smaller, themed operations. Many of these casinos will have a retail sportsbook on the premises, typically affiliated with one of the major online sportsbook brands mentioned above. So if you're venturing to a Toronto casino with an itch to put some action on hockey (or any other sport), check beforehand to see if you'll have an old-fashioned, in-person sportsbook at your disposal.
Toronto Maple Leafs 2023-24 Schedule: Top Games
The road to win the Stanley Cup is paved by developing a dependable, tough-minded team during the regular season. With that in mind, here are some of the top tilts to circle on your calendar between now and the end of the 2023-24 season.
⭐ Vegas Golden Knights, 2/22 (Away, 10 pm EST) & 2/27 (Home, 7 pm EST), TSN
The Leafs have a pseudo home-and-home set with the defending Stanley Cup champion Vegas Golden Knights in February (sandwiching a matchup with the Colorado Avalanche). While games with talented groups like the Carolina Hurricanes, Tampa Bay Lightning and even the struggling Edmonton Oilers will certainly test Toronto's mettle, performing well against the champs could change people's outlook, and maybe even lead to updated playoff odds.
⭐ Boston Bruins, 3/7, 7 pm EST, Sportnet
The last faceoff of the season between the Leafs and the longtime thorn in their sides, the Boston Bruins, will be a good litmus test for whether or not Toronto is primed for a deep postseason run. Despite losing some key players after the disappointing playoff loss to the Florida Panthers, Boston is still atop the division standings with a balanced, disciplined team.
⭐ Montreal Canadiens, 4/6, 7 pm EST, Sportsnet
Beyond being a battle of Original Six squads, this late-season, in-division tilt could play a big role in seeding for the playoffs. If the Leafs are firing on all cylinders at this point (and perhaps if they've made a trade or two), this is probably a game that Toronto should win in a fairly convincing fashion. Will they? Only time (and perhaps a bit of puck luck) will tell.
Toronto Maple Leafs History, By the Numbers
Maple Leafs Betting Odds FAQs
As of February 26, 2024, the Leafs are 33-16-8, sitting in third place in the Atlantic Division.
The main stars of the team include former first-overall pick Auston Matthews, Toronto native John Tavares, William Nylander and Mitch Marner. Ilya Samsonov was slated by many to be the starting goalie for this year, though lately he's been splitting games with offseason signee Martin Jones.
Right now, most sportsbooks have them around -1200 to qualify for postseason play.
The eye test, the standings and the current betting odds all point to a playoff appearance being all but a sure thing. Barring unexpected circumstances, major injuries or historically bad underperformance, the Leafs should be able to secure a spot in the 2023-24 postseason. For reference, the current odds for them to make the Stanley Cup playoffs are -1000 on every online sportsbook available in Ontario...meaning the bookmakers give the team roughly a 90% chance to qualify.
Tom Ober is a professional writer living in New Hampshire. An avid Boston sports fan, he's rooted with his heart (and wallet) for the local teams for many years. When he's not stationed in front of a game on the TV, he's probably playing Gin Rummy or a video game that's roughly 30-40 years old.